I don’t use OneDrive at all – I have a DropBox account I’ve very happy with – so I uninstalled it from my Windows 10 machine using the commands:
taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe %SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall
Unfortunately this left behind a “OneDrive” folder in the tree in File Explorer, and most of the “solutions” on the internet don’t actually seem to solve it. I have managed to get rid of it though, so I thought I’d share the solution!
Recently I’ve been trying to get some PowerShell deployment scripts working from behind a proxy server. There’s a lot of information all over the internet about this, but most of it does not apply if you don’t directly control the commands you want to execute, for example if your connections happen within a third party DLL. Normally for C# code you would solve this using an App.config or a Web.config, but obviously PowerShell doesn’t have this.
Anybody who has tried to write a RESTful JSON service in WCF will have hit a wall of hurt as soon as they try to do anything beyond returning a simple string. Enums don’t work how you would want (returning a string instead of the integer value), and error messages are still returned as either XML or (even worse) HTML.
There are some partial solutions online, particularly a great starting point provided by Jeroen Hildering on his blog post, however I found there were still a few further issues I wanted to solve.
With the CRM 2015 on-premise update 0.2, Microsoft have introduced a bug with the navigation bar at the top of the page. The steps to reproduce it are:
So I have recently set up my own Windows Server 2012 box to replace my old NAS. There was nothing wrong with the old box particularly, I just wanted a bit more control over it all, and I wanted to be able to run Plex, which the old box just wasn’t powerful enough to handle. One of the features of the NAS box was that it has a BitTorrent client, accessible via a web browser, and I was keen to replicate this functionality on my new set up.
The popular µTorrent client seemed like a good solution, as it includes a web-based user interface out of the box. Unfortunately, there is no built-in way to get it to run without being actually logged into the server at the time. The usual trick of setting up a scheduled task to run at start up unfortunately didn’t seem to work, and all of the guidance I could find on the internet suggested that I use the Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit to create a service, which unfortunately seems to be incompatible with Windows Server 2012!